All forms are available in PDF format.
Tusco Rifle Club Incorporated – By-Laws
Amended January 2022
ARTICLE I – Dues
SECTION A – Annual Membership
1. Dues for Annual Membership will be one-hundred ($100.00) dollars per year including any local, State or Federal taxes that may apply.
SECTION B – Interim Membership
1. Dues for interim Members will be ten ($10.00) dollars per year including any local, State or Federal taxes that may apply.
SECTION C – Initiation Fee
1. The initiation fee for new Annual Members or Annual Members that have not paid their dues for one year or more will be fifty ($50.00) including any local, State or Federal taxes that may apply.
2. New Annual Members that volunteer (10) hours of work for the club their first year may have their initiation fee applied towards their second-year dues. ARTICLE II – Club Rules
SECTION A – Daily Rules
1. All persons, including guests, must sign in and out on the range they are using. When attending a scheduled event or meeting, you do not have to sign in but may be required to register with the Match Director and sign a Hold Harmless form.
2. No consumption of any alcoholic beverages or use of illegal drugs will be tolerated on the premises of Tusco Rifle Club, Inc. Persons doing so may be subject to loss of access to Tusco Rifle Club, Inc. premises.
3. Outdoor range shooting times are between 8:00 a.m. and dusk. Indoor range is open 24 hours.
4. The club is near residential properties so please respect their rights.
5. Members may use any of the club ranges, except:
a. When a range is being mowed or worked on during the day.
b. When there is a scheduled match on a range, that range is closed to practice.
c. All ranges are closed during deer gun week. Dates will be posted in the newsletter and on Tusco website’s calendar. Hunters MUST sign in at the main club house. Guests are not permitted to hunt.
6. A member may bring a guest(s) one time only. Both the member and guest(s) must sign on the range clipboard. After one visit, your guest must become a member to continue using the club. Anyone may attend our scheduled events with no sign in needed, but may be required to sign a Hold Harmless form (or have one on file).
7. DO NOT drive on grass or on any range. Stay on the roads and in designated parking areas.
8. All-terrain vehicles are not permitted on club property, except:
a. For use at approved shoots and work days to haul equipment, target setters, etc.
b. For use by handicapped persons with the approval of club Officer or Trustee.
c. For use by handicapped person for hunting with valid Ohio license allowing them to shoot from vehicle per ODNR regulations.
d. To retrieve downed deer during deer week.
9. It is the responsibility of every club member to keep the club grounds clean. When you use a club range, leave it cleaner than you found it. Remove your targets and pick up your brass and any trash. Trash cans are provided on every range.
10. Shoot only at proper targets. Many of the ranges have rails, markers, stands, barrels, frames, etc. on them for a variety of uses. DO NOT shoot at them, they are not targets. If you are not sure what something is for, leave it alone. The main range and the 600 yd. range have backstops (walls) to hold your targets. Please do not hang your targets on the main supports. When the main supports are shot away it is very hard and expensive to replace the backstops.
11. All persons must obey basic NRA safety rules and all special safety rules posted at each range. In part they are as follows:
A. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR GUN POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION DOWN RANGE.
B. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL READY TO SHOOT.
C. ALWAYS KEEP THE GUN UNLOADED UNTIL READY TO USE.
D. ALWAYS BE SURE EVERYONE KNOWS YOU ARE GOING DOWN RANGE AND ALL GUNS ARE UNLOADED WITH ACTIONS OPEN BEFORE LEAVING THE FIRING LINE.
E. ALWAYS SHOOT STRAIGHT DOWN RANGE, NEVER CROSS FIRE.
F. ALWAYS SHOOT FROM THE FIRING LINE.
G. ALWAYS WEAR EYE AND EAR PROTECTION.
SECTION B – Range Rules
1. Special rules will be posted on each range. It will be the responsibility of every club member to read and obey these rules.
2. All shooting matches, competition and fun shoots will be scheduled in advance with the Vice President or his designate and will be posted on the club calendar.
3. Any member(s) holding shooting matches, competition or fun shoots on the ranges of Tusco will be responsible to ensure that all rules of the sanctioning organization, if any and Tusco Rifle Club, Inc. are enforced to ensure everyone’s safety. Special rules may also be adopted and enforced, if necessary, to ensure everyone’s safety.
4. Any member(s) holding any type of event on Tusco property will be responsible to see that any part of the club used for their event is left clean and orderly.
5. Any money earned or collected from any shoots or events held on Tusco Rifle Club becomes the property of Tusco Rifle Club. Members holding shoots or events may return a reasonable amount in the form of prizes to the participants and may purchase equipment and supplies necessary for the shoot or event with a reasonable amount of profits. A” reasonable amount” will be determined by agreement between the Board of Directors and the member(s) holding the shoot or event based on the amount of money collected and necessary expenses.
6. Any member(s) holding any type of event will submit a financial statement of all money collected and spent annually or as requested by the President or Board of Directors.
7. No member of Tusco Rifle Club will cause or incur any debt in the name of the organization.